Autumn Christmas

We went out walking the other day and I noticed the trees are still holding on to their leaves. Though it’s now Christmas season, nature still looks like the beginning of Fall. The temperatures in the mornings have dipped into the low 30’s creating frosted lawns but the temperatures during the day are warm as they are still reaching into the 60s most afternoons. I think the trees are confused.

This time last year, we were bundled up in our thermals and reaching for mistletoe on the naked trees. 
Those trees have remained covered with leaves, keeping the mistletoe hidden. It’s ok. I will gladly trade the mistletoe for this warm weather. 
I’ll still get my kisses

We spent the end of the day decorating the outside of our house for Christmas. Nick hung the bells and bows on the windows as I was hung some lights around the big bay window. The lights frame the Christmas tree that sits in front of the window. To finish it off, Nick wanted to use a green bulb in the front porch light. I wasn’t sure about it at first but it actually looks pretty neat. It’s growing on me.

I am one of those that like the look of just all white lights. I have mostley white, red and silver decorations through the house. Though Nick likes how everything looks, he is more into the colored themes. If it were up to him, I think he would prefer multi colored lights. 
But its not up to him. Ha.
So, I compromised and let him do the green porch light. 

Up the road we waved to the other neighbors as they all were putting their decorations up as well. Now it looks like Christmas in the neighborhood. All but two houses are decorated. 
We joke with the other neighbors as we pass by. “Hello Griswolds!”

As for Nature? Looks like shes gonna keep those leaves for a while as she too has her own lighted tree.





9 comments

  1. It is so pretty, Lisa, to see houses all lit up for Christmas. I have always gone all out with light garland along the porch and electric candles in each window. Not this year though- most of my stuff is packed away in the warehouse.

    Hope you have a wonderful week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all white lights are very pretty but I like lots of different colored ones.
    I like all blue lights too when there is snow around. Makes it all looks so peaceful and still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have our decorations up also, it was 85 degrees while I was hanging our lights outside, something is just not right when you are decorating for Christmas in a tee-shirt, but that's OK it still looks good.

    Funny thing is we were also joking with our neighbors about trying to out do the Griswolds ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I love Christmas decorations. Funny in my youth daddy would get us in the car before Christmas to drive around to see Christmas trees in the windows of houses. Th only place there were any outside lights was in town. It was such a treat to see the lights high above the streets.
    I bet your place does look good. I love the tree on fire. The sun can sure paint a beautiful picture.
    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the weather here. The lawn is frosted in the morning, especially in the shadow

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep...noticed it was in the high eighties here Monday. Jeesh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a white light person too, although coloured lights do remind me of my childhood ;)

    So do your trees lose their leaves in the fall even though it is still warm? I understand that they do here in Blighty (UK) because it gets colder BRRRR! its always bitterly cold here at christmas time...

    Love to you and yours

    Love Happy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. your house lights sound nice, indeed.

    ReplyDelete