DIY Earphone Case

I'm bad at keeping up with wires, chargers, cords , etc. So I found this really cool little do-it-yourself earphone case using a mint box. It was an Ice Breakers mint container to be exact. I didn't get a picture before I peeled off the label because I'm inpatient like that.


Here are the supplies you will need:

  • Empty mint box with the label removed.
  • Printed scrapbook or printed paper.
  • Sissors
  • Cylinder to trace a round pattern.( I actually used the bottom of a lysol can).
  • Glue
  • Mod Podge (to seal). 

Find a place to punch two holes for a key ring. I did this on the side I did not want to open since the container opens in two places.


Once you have your circles traced, carefully cut them out and glue them on your container. Do this any way that is easiest for you.


Mine was a little big so I cut out the opening seam and had edges but you can make the print to only fit the opening part if you wish.


Glue the 2nd circle to the bottom. Now you have two printed sides. Using Modge Podge, paint a coat on the entire printed area to seal the print on.


Once its dry, Its ready to use.

Have fun. Customize yours to fit your personality. You can paint them or even leave them plain. Add a clip on the ring and clip to a bag or belt. You can also use it to hold change and other small items. Great project to do with your kids.

3 comments

  1. I like it, very neat. I do envy folk who run or walk and I see the ear buds, I know they are listening to their favorite music. This is certainly a good trick, maybe I can use it another way. I am thinking....... THANKS!!!
    Good entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea, thanks. I like your blog.
    Beautifull quilt you made....
    hartelijke groeten uit Nederland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual very interesting post! Thanks for sharing……….!!!!
    Keychain for girl

    ReplyDelete