The Corn Starch Experiment

I've always heard that you can use talc powder or cornstarch to remove grease from kitchen walls so when I got some on my practically new leather Toms, I had not choice but to try. Im not real sure how the grease got on my shoes but It was also on my jeans. I washed the jeans and it didn't come out .

After wearing my shoes all day with the stains on them that I tried to get out with water, They made me feel ugly. I was mad that this had happened. I was ready to toss them to the side but not until I at least tried the corn starch thing. The cornstarch is suppose to absorb and pull the grease out. We'll see.

I took pictures incase it worked so I could share it.... and well..... see for yourself.

Here is the greasy spots. Ugly right?


Here they are with the cornstarch on them. I let it sit on there for about an hour.


After about an hour, I used an old toothbrush and scrubbed around on the spots and brushed the leather until the cornstarch was gone...

and so were the spots.


It didn't take the spot out completely but at least they don't look like a giraffe anymore. If I would have left the cornstarch on longer it may have absorbed the spot more.

Pretty neat huh? I think I may go try it on my jeans now.

Ive shared this at:
tuesday-pin-spiration at thestitchinmommy
before-after Wednesday at thededicatedhouse 

1 comment

  1. Hi Lisa, wow I'm amazed at the corn starch working on your shoes, they look great. Thanks for the tip!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete