My Birthday Girl

Twenty five years ago I had just ate a large banana split and was watching the World Series with Mom. That's when I felt my baby girl telling me its time to come into the World. Well, really it was mom that said lets go, I thought I was just having a cramp.

To the hospital we went, daddy was driving, Mom smiling, and me with no idea. (Confused? Well, For the sake of me and my baby, I finally escaped an abusive marriage). So I was living with my parents for a while.

I arrived at the hospital close to midnight and five hours later, I gave birth to a purple cone headed baby. She weighed 7 lbs, 13 oz. She was not the prettiest baby in the nursery at the time, but she was mine and it was instant love. When it was time to take her home, she was a normal color, chubby cheeks and had a head of dark hair with a big curl on top. Dressed in blue ruffles and silk shoes, I stood back and figured she was a keeper. She was beautiful. 

She was a colicky baby and cried every night for hours. I cried too. I was only 22 and had no idea how I was gonna get through, but I did. I managed with lots of the help of my (new) husband who adopted her as his own. We took her to church, got her through school, and she graduated college on our dollar. Times were hard and finances were tight but she was worth every bit. We raised a smart, hard working, beautiful daughter that's brought much fun and joy to my life. Shes my only, she my one. 

We are best friends and talk about everything (and everybody). We share our thoughts and secrets, laugh a lot and fuss rarely. 

I am so proud of her and what shes become. I miss her since she is now out on her own and working hard to make ends meet, just like the most of us at 25. 
She visits almost every week and we have fun taking selfies, shopping and watching TV.
She calls me Mai and I call her Boo.

She grew up so fast and in a blink of an eye she was an adult but no matter how old she gets, she will always be six in my eyes.

She keeps our pockets empty and our hearts full. 


Happy Birthday Ashley!!! 







12 comments

  1. A lovely post.
    Happy Birthday Ashleigh - and happy birthing day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post about your beautiful daughter! Happy birthday to your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, gorgeous Ashley!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a tribute, from a loving Mom.
    Happy Birthday Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! She's gorgeous. Happy Birthday Ashley!
    🎂🎈🎂🎈🎂🎈🎂🎈🎂🎈🎂🎈🎂🎈🎂🎈

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful youngun' you and your hubby did good.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful entry, for a beautiful lady. Yes, Life is tough, but as you learned, you can be tough too. Some folk never learn that. BUT, but the rewards are tremendous. I did Love this read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter Ashley. What a heartwarming post about her. You are truly blessed. : )

    My daughter disowned us four years ago and wants nothing to do with us. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday to your sweet girl ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete