Low Fat Peanut Butter Cookies

I made peanut butter cookies and I'm not even a fan of peanut butter.


I like peanut butter flavor but I can't eat it right out of the spoon like my daddy and daughter often do. These cookies were so good that I'm going to share the recipe with you.

First I want to thank my friend Anne for sending me this recipe from "Taste of Home". She is just the best. She always remembers things I say even if it was months ago. She remembered I'm always looking for low fat healthy foods to make. She helps me out ever chance she can and I don't even have to ask. She is such a good friend.

I actually have a few old "Taste of Home" Cookbooks at home lingering somewhere in the back of a cabinet. My favorite cookbooks, however, are the old church cook books. They are just full of simple and easy recipes you can find at most church or family dinners. Cookbooks are becoming a thing of the past as you can find anything on the computer now days.

Now back to this delicious Peanut Butter Cookie recipe.


The recipe was so simple and I had all the ingredients on hand. That can be dangerous for me.
Part of the recipe says to chill the dough for a couple hours. That made me throw it down at first. I mean, I want cookies when I want cookies. I'm like the cookie monster on that phone commercial. ha.


After pondering about it, I thought my daughter was coming by the next day, so I whipped up the dough and put it in the fridge overnight so it would be ready to cut and bake once she came in. She ended up not coming but that didn't stop me from making them anyways. I just have to eat them all now.

So get out your bowl and peanut butter stuff and make some cookies!

Low Fat Peanut Butter Cookies By: Taste of Home.

Ingredients:

  • 3 Tablespoons butter
  • 2 Tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
  • 1/2 Cup packed brown Sugar
  • 1/4 Cup Sugar
  • 1 Large egg white
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • *1 Cup all-purpose flour 
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 cup salt
  • *(I used self rising flour and omitted the salt and baking soda).


Directions:
  • Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
  • Add egg white and beat until blended, beat in vanilla.
  • Combine flour mixture and gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
  • Shape intp an 8 inch roll; wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 2 hours or until firm.
  • Unwrap dough and cut into slices approx. 1/4 inch think.
  • Place 2 inches apart, on a greased baking sheet and flatten a little with a fork. 
  • Bake 350 for 6-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 8-10 minutes for crispy cookies.
  • Remove and place on wire rack to cool a couple minutes. 

Yield: about 2 dozen.

1 cookie equals 62 calories,
2g fat, 
4mg cholesterol, 
64mg sodium, 
11g carbohydrate, 
1 gram protein.

I thought they tasted a lot like the Nekot cookies you can purchase from the store or most vending machines. Except these were soft and chewy.

Thanks again Anne!


16 comments

  1. Oh I love me some cookies!!! These sound great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're not my favorite but I'd eat them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeh thats what I thought too at first!!!

      Delete
  3. Now you are into Sherry's favorite stuff. She will b she later. She has read this blog forever and never commented, she B a lurker. But she did recommend it to me. Cause she knows I cannot resist a comment!
    At least our home is visiting your town. Quack back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we visited Mary Ann and while there we talked about you. (MOSTLY GOOD!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No fare!
    I love peanut butter cookies.
    And now low fat!
    May you win the next lottery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin. I hope I win too but I cant even win from a bubble gum machine.

      Delete
  6. HAHA...had a good laugh with the cookie monster! I saved this recipe because it sounds so good. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! That is how I act when I bake sweets. The commercial cracks me up! Let me know how they turn out for ya!

      Delete
  7. Dear Lisa:
    I love love recipes - this one looks great and a "must bake"! Thanks for sharing and linking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound so delicious!

    I would LOVE for you to share this with my Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa,
    I bet those cookies taste delicious!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete