DIY Monogrammed Table Runner

I've been busy doing some house cleaning since my daughter has moved out on her own. I started emptying her room to get it ready for a redo. Then I cleaned the office so it doesn't looked like a junk room anymore. I simply added the junk into the closet and created my own little craft room.


I have not really organized it yet. I just put it in there and will go back and get a little creative with it later. I need to get some more ideas first. If you have any you can share, please do.

While I was in a crafty mood, I decided to make a monogrammed table runner. It only cost $5.00 and its easy enough a child could do it.

 
What you will need:
  • Roll of burlap- I purchased mine at Walmart for 5.00.
  • Black Sharpie
  • Printed Letter to cut out for a stencil.
  • Razor cutter or scissors.
 
Cut the burlap to fit your table leaving enough to hang off each end.
Cut your letter out (card stock is better but I just used regular paper).


Using a sharpie, trace your letter,
 
 
Color it in with your Sharpie.
 

It turned out great and looks just like it's stamped.
 
You can get creative with your stencil and do any letter, wording, or picture. You can also use different colors and create your own work of art.

Now I have to get back to cleaning. I have lots of drawers and more closets to clean out. Its just another sign of my empty nesting.


Ive shared this at:
inspire-me-monday at create-with-joy
amaze-me-monday at dwellings-theheartofyourhome
monday-handmade-linkup-party at judyscardmakingandpapercrafts
tuesday-pinspiration at thestitchinmommy
worthwhile-wednesdays at craftyallieblog
thursday-favorite-things at katherinescorner





1 comment

  1. I love the simplicity of this, so pretty. I used to do a lot of stenciling when I was younger. It was fun and enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from the 'Inspire me Monday' link-up. : )

    ReplyDelete