DIY Hat Pumpkin

Happy Fall everyone! First I want to share this perfect leaf I found laying on the ground at Walmart. I was not sure if it was real or fake. I took it home and used it. It will work perfect on my Pumpkin I made.
So I thought.

   
Every year I come up with some way to recycle something from the house to create a pumpkin for Fall.

As I was searching around the house, I came across a bag of things I was going to take to the local Goodwill store. The bag was over stuffed and an old hat kept falling out. I kept stuffing it back in the bag as I searched for something of a sweater material to create a pumpkin with. There were no options in there. As I turned around to leave the room, the hat fell out again. That's when it hit me. "It is the perfect color. Could I? Will It work? I will make it work".


So, I filled the hat with stuffing.


With a string of yarn, I sewed and gathered the hat closed. Then I ran out into the yard and grabbed a piece of stick for the stem. and.....added the leaf.


I had some raffia and it was perfect for the bow. Remember the leaf? It turned out that it WAS real because after a day, it was not this pretty. This is a very easy project.

Here are a few of the other DIY pumpkins I've made through out the years.
DIY Lace Pumpkin
DIY Book Pumpkin
DIY Toilet Paper Pumpkin

Anything you see that can be gathered at the top, you can make a pumpkin. Now go round up something.

Ive Shared this at:
monday-handmade-linkup-party at judyscardmakingandpapercrafts
tuesday-pin-spiration-link-party at thestitchinmommy.
amaze-me-monday at dwellings-theheartofyourhome
something-fabulous-wednesday at roubinek
thursday-favorite-things-blog-hop at katherinescorner

2 comments

  1. That hat made a very cute pumpkin, and the raffia and leaf were the perfect
    topping. Yea, the color of the leaves fade fast. We were in N.C. last year
    in November and we had never been there that time of the year, so my
    daughter and I collected all these gorgeous leaves and preserved them.
    It was fun, and it does make them hold their color better. I am gonna do
    a tutorial on it in October sometime.
    I have made the Bathroom Tissue pumpkins too. I used gold napkins,
    and some cut branches for stems. I liked them.
    Really liked your book pumpkin...........very pretty.
    Have a great day
    and Happy Fall to You.
    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, how cute is this hat pumpkin....

    ReplyDelete