Rapunzel Project

"Rapunzel Rapunzel, Let down your hair"

That quote is all I know from the fairy tail. To be honest, I haven't even see the movie "Tangled".

The other day, one of my customers from my Etsy shop sent me a request. She asked if I could make a hat for a friend of hers whose daughter was a patient at St. Judes Hospital. She said the little girl was starting to loose her hair and wanted to give her something special. She showed me a photo example of the hat that was in her mind. I had to do some searching around. I needed to see some pictures of Rapunzel. At first I was hesitant because I wasn't sure I could do the whole hair braid thing. It wasn't but within a couple hours, I decided I could do this and I was going to make one for this precious child. Somehow I would figure it out.

I began crocheting a hat. That was the easiest part for me. My daughter likes to craft so I asked her if she would make some felt flowers for the hat. Neither one of us knew how this would turn out. I just crocheted and she cut.
Then with a little glue and ribbon, we pulled it off. I think it turned out lovely.



 
 
I ended up giving her the hat. I really hope it fits her. I can only imagine what it would be like to have a sick child. I do not know who this person is but I wish her and her family the best and sending out prayers for them all. And to my customer who requested this gift, you are a very thoughtful and generous person. People like you are few.

I do not plan to make another hat but I have made a couple Rapunzel headbands by request.

Want one? Right now, you can purchase a Rapunzel head band from my Etsy shop.

Blessings


Ive shared this at:
ladybug-blessings
your-whims-wednesday at mygirlishwhims
made-by-me-120-linky-party-and-features at jaqsstudio
whatd-you-do-this-weekend at tumbleweedcontessa
under-100-link-party at beyondthepicketfence
create-link-inspire at thecraftyblogstalker
freedom-fridays-with-all-my-bloggy at myturnforus
Think Pink Sunday at flamingotoes
inspire-me-monday at create-with-joy Featured
hookin-on-hump-day at mymerrymessylife
yarn-party-time-excellent at bugaboominimrme


3 comments

  1. Oh, I know your hat made a bright spot in her day. I pray neither of us has to know what it's like to have a sick child. Thanks for sharing this with me at What'd You Do This Weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat is beautiful, and what you have done is even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an inspiring project and story!

    Congratulations - you've been featured at this week's Inspire Me Monday party at Create With Joy!

    ReplyDelete